A HOME PITCH FOR SOCCER AT
Monterey Bay (CSUMB). The stadium will be a shared-use facility. It will serve as the home pitch for Monterey Bay F.C., as well as a place to showcase CSUMB teams and games, and will continue to serve as a place to gather for graduation, festivals and events. Monterey Bay F.C. is privately investing over $11 million in renovations to the existing stadium and facilities on the campus of CSUMB – previous home field to the Fort Ord Warriors, a former semi-pro American Football team comprised of military service members. More recently, the stadium has been used for CSUMB graduation prior to COVID19.
The CSUMB campus sits in the middle of the Monterey Peninsula, which features the coastal communities of Marina, Pacific Grove, Monterey, Seaside, Carmel and the Salinas Valley, and is less than a mile from the beach. Formerly the site of the decommissioned Army base Fort Ord, the site has undergone a transformation into a state-of-the-art campus that is also home to The Panetta Institute for Public Policy.
STADIUM KEY FEATURES
- The North and South Seating Sections are lined at the top by the region’s iconic Monterey cypress trees
- Supporter section behind the goal on the east-side
- Designated sections for supporters and general admission attendees on the East side
- Seat-backs for portions of the North and South Seating Sections; updated bleacher seating for multiple sections
- FIFA-approved turf
- Merchandise and concessions
- Premium seating area with hospitality and open-air seating
- Addition of a Broadcast/Press Box at the top of the South Seating Section
- Updates and renovations of the offices and field house which will house the home and away locker rooms and Monterey Bay F.C. headquarters
- Installation of four 90-foot high poles with broadcast sports